From the first Sunday of Advent to the Christmas Eve service, the Christmas season at St. John United Church is a faith-filled journey to the Manger of Bethlehem. We celebrate with joy, in anticipation of the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ, over four weeks prior to December 25th.
All are welcome to join us!
Through Advent and on Christmas Eve, our Minister teaches various aspects of the miracle of the birth of Jesus Christ: that God came to earth as a baby, to live fully human and fully God; to promise eternal life to all who believe in Him.
Favourite Christmas Carols, contemporary songs, special music and hymns are carefully chosen and are all a part of the Advent season, and do much to deepen our faith at this season.
There are many highlights over Advent; here are but a few:
- Lighting of the Advent Candle, one each Sunday in succession: Hope, Peace, Joy, and Love
- Blessing of the quilts being handed out to those in our community who need to know they are loved
- Remembrance of loved ones by personal candle lighting
- Nativity play done by the Sunday School
Christmas Eve is perhaps the end of the season, but it is the beginning of our faith. There are two separate services on Christmas Eve:
- 7:00 pm Family Service
- 10:00 pm Communion candlelight service
St John United Church is dedicated to honouring the message of the birth of Our Lord Jesus Christ, and celebrates with reverence each and every year.